Thursday, August 26, 2010

Steelie Mediocrity

First of 3 night shifts tonight then it's road trip time!  Managed to sneak down to China Bar today for some fishing between shifts.  I met my friend and his 2 kidlets from Terrace there for most of the day.  We got a few bites but the only fish we brought in was a steelhead on my rod but we had to let it go.  It had the hook lodged right down deep in its throat, such a shame you can't keep them when they're just going to die anyways.

I've decided to postpone going to RHIOT school for now.  It didn't really work out with work and getting time off.  I know I could've made it work somehow but there's so much pre-work, studying and boating exercises that should be done first that I just don't have time to get done before leaving on my other trip on Saturday.  The whole thing was just way too rushed and I don't want to be worrying about it while on my other trip.  I'll go later this year and hopefully be able to make a trip out of it...maybe stay in Tofino for some winter surfing, head up to Mt Washington for some skiing or visit friends down in Victoria. 

I am way, way, way off my blissful track right now - that's why this blog is called backroads to bliss.  Bliss is the destination but this little chiquita seems to like to take the bumpy, much longer, adventure-filled backroads instead to bee-lining for the finish line. 

My yoga practice has been abandoned for over a week and a half, I haven't gone for a run in about the same amount of time and my eating habits have totally gone downhill...right now I'm on a huge bacon kick.  Every vegetarian eats bacon right?  Right?  Haha, oh well - I'll try to enjoy this yucky stage for now instead of beating myself up for the decisions I'm making, I just don't want to get stuck in a slump.  I just had surgery on my nose so I should be taking it a bit easier than normal anyways - doesn't give me an excuse for my poor diet choices, but it does make me wonder... why is that always so hard for me?  It's like I make it a crime to just be mediocre.