Thursday, August 19, 2010

A teeny tiny day

I've been trying to fall asleep for a couple of hours now but it's not easy. I've got a big day tomorrow but it's always hard to bounce back after night shifts. I crammed alot into my 11hr day though - worked for 3.5hrs, got fuel and groceries, went for a trail run with the dogs, and had dinner with a friend. I've got to get up again in 5hrs, pack up my truck with my recovery day stuff, fishing/camping gear and the dogs and make the 1 1/2hr drive to Terrace for my surgery at 8:30...yikes! Hope I get sleepy soon...

Tomorrow after my surgery I'm going to spend the day and night at my friends rustic little cabin on the river. I love that place, I'm so grateful he's offered it up again. He let me crash there over the winter when I went up to ski and I almost looked forward to spending my evenings there as much as the skiing. There's no running water or electricity, just oil lamps and a wood stove. Simplicity. Such a nice place to spend the day snoozing, journalling, and reading while recovering.

I'm hoping to do most of my healing up tomorrow so I can spend the rest of the weekend slaying coho and camping in the rain. My alarm clock is set for soon so it's time for me to get back to counting sheep.

Lots of love - B