Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snow! And the icy mountain trail

Today was my first snowy day of the season!  So exciting!  I think it snowed once here already, but I was out of town at RHIOT. It's hopefully going to be a big snow year this winter because of El Nina and I'm praying it'll dump hard now so I can get some skiing in before taking off for 2 months.  I can't believe I'm already leaving again in less than a month.

I finally had to get real and abandon my dream for getting new skis this year, there's just no way I can afford them with Christmas, truck insurance renewal coming up, the trip and the Advanced Yoga Teacher's Training course.  I'll only get to ski for about a month and a half this season anyways so really it would be pretty ridiculous to get new sticks this year.  Basically I'm just praying for a miracle to be able to pay for my ATTC course right now - I just trust in the universe though, I've made my commitment to do it so it'll work out somehow. 

I just sent an email to the Ashram in the Bahamas asking if I could do Karma Yoga for the 2 weeks after the course in February.  That means I would get to stay at the Ashram for free if I volunteer for 5-8hrs a day. I hope they'll say yes, otherwise it's going to be another pricey bill that I really can't afford - and my ticket is already booked! Haha, just putting my faith into that one working out as well!  But Swami Ambika from Val Morin did send a recommendation to them for me saying I was a good little karma yogi and they apparently had agreed to let me stay on - fingers crossed!

Hiked up my favorite mountain again today.  The steep trail is getting pretty treacherous these days, the water runs down the trail and has now all frozen into a cascading waterfall of death.  We had fun picking our way up and down the mountain just beside the trail on the less icy bits.  Did have a couple of close-call super slips but managed to save myself from wiping out each time (barely!)  Thank goodness for all the yoga I've been doing otherwise I might of had some seriously pulled muscles from some of the contorted positions I found myself in!

Then it was home for hot soup, a hot shower and a short nap before work.  I took my camera with me on the hike but didn't take any pictures - sorry!

Have a lovely day,
Love B