Monday, September 13, 2010

1 dog & 2 wolves

Ouch! So today I got to experience one of the dangers of trail running first hand when a dog ran out of the woods, back on to the trail and right into my ankles at mach speed.  I went totally horizontal before body sliding in on my face.  The couple responsible for the dog was walking like 5 dogs who were all over the trail and when I was jogging up to them and trying to dodge them and their dogs the girl says to me "Don't worry, they're all nice" then WHAM!  I ate it hard, my knee and ankle got a good tweaking and so did my wrist.  I know my wrist and ankle will be fine, but I'm a bit worried about my knee.

Today I spent $0 so I still have $49 bucks until Wednesday - should be a breeze now because I'm just working night shifts until then which means I work all night, sleep all day, take the dogs out and don't spend any money.  Perfect! Maybe tomorrow I'll even splurge on some groceries (some fresh fruit and produce would be nice) - another kick I'm on right now is to eat everything in my house before leaving in October.  Clean out the fridge, the freezer and the cupboards. That way I have a nice clean slate to come back to.

I wanted to share this great little story about the battle within from my friend Dale in my Steps to Leadership class:

Two Wolves - Cherokee Wisdom

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all.

One is Evil.  It is anger, envy, jealously, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good.  It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed".

May we always feed our goodness.  Om Shantih xo