Monday, September 13, 2010

fiddleheads, feathers and body butter

Time to fess up, I'm so addicted to feathers, leaves, ferns...especially peacock feathers and fiddlehead ferns right now! From jewellery to art to clothing...I want it adorned with these things.  I've been dreaming of a peacok feather tattoo that starts at my ankle and winds and wraps its way 1/2 way up my calf.  I'd like to get it done in Montreal when I'm there but realistically, that's not going to happen.  It would be expensive, time consuming and having a huge, healing scab on my leg would probably hinder my yoga practice at the Ashram. I don't want to rush the design either - it's got to be perfect if it's going to be permanent! I've been searching the internet for inspiration...here are a couple favorites so far.  Not sure if I want it done in colour or black yet...


So I'm on a super tight (for me) budget right now, I had to have a good look at my finances after this last trip and think ahead to the next couple of adventures I have planned; the 3 week Montreal trip in October and the 2 month trip this winter, a week with the family for Christmas and 7 weeks in the Bahamas at the Yoga Retreat for my Advance Teacher's Training course.  I haven't given myself a budget for a couple years now so this should be interesting - I'll keep you posted!  For the next 4 days my budget is $62 dollars for food + whatever else (not including bills).  I spent $13 today at lunch...so I'm down to $49

The other funny little thing I'm doing is trying to use up everything in my house.  Not everything, everything but I'm trying to use up things like the 4 tubs of body butter I've acquired over the years, the 5 different types of shampoo, the 8 different shades of eyeshadow, the 20 types of dried beans, 15 different types of tea...you get the idea.  It's funny because I rarely wear make-up or lather myself in cream - but I'm on a mission now!  I feel guilty wasting stuff like that, I could never just throw it out but I don't want to be a hoarder either.   In fact a bunch of the body butter and shampoo I'm trying to burn through now is stuff I rescued from other people that they were going to throw out.  "It's perfectly fine, I'll save it!" 

Here's to saving the world 1 body butter at a time!  Ommmmmm