Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Advanced Yoga Teacher Training

I just booked my flights back to the Bahamas for Advanced Yoga Teacher Training this winter!  I applied for leave with income averaging from work so I could have 7 weeks off with pay.  I'm going to spend a week with my family for Christmas and the rest of the time (about 50 days) camped out in my tent at the Ashram in the Bahamas. 


I'll be giving up 50 days of the ski season to do it - a big sacrifice for me, but my heart is leading me back, and so I go!  No questions asked.  (Just means I'll have to ski my face off when I get home or maybe even plan a ski vacay somewhere during our summer. You know, New Zealand's been on the brain...)


I arrive in the Bahamas December 29th, so I'll be there for New Years and have a week to settle in before the course starts on the 6th.  I'm really looking forward to enjoying Durga Das (David Newman) during On the Wings of Ectasy: Interfaith Devotional Singing and Dance Festival January 13-19th and  Krishna Das during the Yoga of Chant Retreat February 4-6th.  That's going to be such an awesome treat in itself!

After the course I'm staying for almost 2 weeks to let it all sink in, enjoy the sun, relax on the beach and I'll be doing an Introduciton to Ayurveda course Feb 8-10th.



It definately won't all be as blissful as it sounds though - the ATTC is going to be tough. Here's what the daily schedule looks like:

4.30 a.m.     Wake up
5.00 a.m.     Pranayama class
6.00 a.m.     Satsang (meditation, chanting and lecture) or silent walk
7.45 a.m.      Asana class
9.00 a.m.     Anatomy and physiology
10.00 a.m.   Brunch
11.00 a.m.    Karma Yoga
12 noon        Raja yoga or Sanskrit
2.00 p.m.     Main lecture (Vedanta, bhakti yoga, karma yoga)
4.00 p.m.     Advanced asana and pranayama class
6.00 p.m.     Dinner
8.00 p.m.     Satsang (meditation, chanting, and lecture) or special program
 
* Attendance at all activities is mandatory. Changes in the program may occur from time to time.
* Each Friday is a day off. Students are required to attend morning pranayama, morning and evening satsangs as well as to complete their one-hour of karma yoga. The rest of the day is free for their own personal study and activities.


Somewhere in there, I'll also have to find time to shower, brush my teeth, do homework and...blog??  Haha, we'll see.  I can't wait for this trip - it's going to be amazing in so many awesome ways! 

Mega love, B